29 November 2023
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
10  11 
12  13  14  15  16  17  18 
19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
26  27  28  29  30     
 Research Student Programs for International Students
Research Student Programs for International Students
     This program is available for international students who have a specific research theme and wish to receive academic advice in one of the graduate schools. Please note that you are required to have appropriate Japanese language proficiency to conduct research.

     There are two ways to enroll in the graduate programs: you can enroll either as a regular international student or international research student. Regular international students are officially enrolled in one of the programs, while research students are not officially enrolled in any of the programs and audit courses instead. You can apply for both types of enrollment simultaneously.

     The following is a summary of the application requirements for international research students. Please note that you are required to read the relevant prospectus before applying.

Graduate Schools
  • School of Law
  • School of Letters
  • School of Economics
  • School of Commerce
  • School of Sociology
  • School of Informatics (Japanese)
  • School of Science and Engineering
  • School of Foreign Language Education and Research (Japanese)
  • School of Psychology
  • School of Safety Science
  • School of East Asian Cultures
  • School of Governance

To apply, one of the following qualifications must be met.
  1. You have completed or will have completed, by the time of enrollment, a total of 16 years of school education outside Japan.
  2. You have completed or will have completed, by the time of enrollment, an undergraduate program in Japan as a regular international student.
  3. You have been deemed to have an equivalent educational background as above 1) or 2) by our Graduate School Council.
* When applying under condition (3), a preliminary review will be conducted. Please refer to each prospectus for details.

Informal Consent from an Academic Advisor
     To apply, you are required to obtain informal consent from your academic advisor and his/her stamp on your application form. In order to do so, you need to contact one of the professors in our graduate school. Please go to the website of our graduate schools to find the appropriate professor as your academic advisor. (The graduate school to which the professor belongs will become the school where you will conduct your research.) You are required to obtain his/her informal consent by email. In case his/her e-mail address is unavailable on the website, please send a letter to the following address.
Professor XXX (His or her name)
XXX Graduate School
Kansai University
3-3-35 Yamate-cho, Suita-city, Osaka, 564-8680 Japan

Copyright by kansai-bkk.com